The strategic aim of the research efforts at the Chiropractic Knowledge Hub is to continue to contribute new knowledge in the musculoskeletal field by focusing on solving specific challenges at the level of both the patient and society, specifically:
- Patients with musculoskeletal problems experience different clinical courses, which is why we will continue our work to establish ‘customised’ interventions based on new knowledge.
- Our ambition is to focus on implementation research where new knowledge about the barriers to, and methods for, promoting the systematic application of research findings is further developed and embedded in daily clinical practice.
- At the Chiropractic Knowledge Hub, our research has always sought to understand the life trajectories of musculoskeletal disease. This will still apply. We will continue to study these clinical courses in order to develop insights that are useful and practical in prevention and treatment.
To meet these strategic priorities, the following research areas will be the principal focus up to the end of 2022:
- Patient profiles & differentiated care
- Implementation research & knowledge translation
- Musculoskeletal heath from a life course perspective with a special focus on spinal health